Oriflame Pure Color Lipstick in Soft Caramel Review and Swatches

Hi everyone,
My today's review is from Oriflame cosmetics. Oriflame is a Sweden brand as most of us may know and they have been in India for a while now. They were essentially a skin care brand but now they do sell make up too. Their products are only available through their independent representatives and there is a product catalogue which comes out every month from which one can chose the product they want. Coming back to today's review I shall be reviewing a lipstick called Soft Caramel from their Oriflame Pure Color Lipstick line. Read on to know more....





Ingredients: No idea, nothing mentioned on the packaging.

Price: Rs.139/- but I had got this on discount for 99 bucks.

Quantity: 2.5g





The lipstick comes in a plastic black packaging. The body is black and glossy and comes with a plastic transparent cover which helps in getting a peek a boo of the lipstick over the top. Nothing is mentioned on the tube as such. The cap click locks and is travel friendly. Overall just normal cheap packaging in my opinion. Nothing spectacular.





The lipstick can be described as  a nude shade with hint of peach. Usually caramel color  would be darker  than this shade but this one is a sheer nude lipstick shade. It has teeny tiny amount of shimmer which acts as a reflective agent on the lips especially when it hits the light making it glossy and shiny. It smells lovely hard to describe the scent but I am sure everyone would love it.The lipstick is extremely moisturizing and glides effortlessly on the lips. You do need to swipe a couple of times to get the desired pigmentation. I felt like I was almost using a tinted lip balm but with a tad bit more color. The shade looks flattering on my fair to medium skin type. If you have pigmented lips like me this will barely last on your lips and even otherwise as it is not highly pigmented and opaque.It may have a tendency to melt in summers if you do not store them properly.

The Good:
Beautiful neutral nude shade.
Inexpensive.
Moisturizing.
Glides smoothly on the lips.
Travel friendly.

The not so Good:
Need to look out for an Oriflame representative to buy this. However their products are also available on Ebay.in
Not long lasting.
Ingredients list not mentioned.
Need to build up the color on the lips.

Rating:2/5

I am very disappointed with the formula of this lipstick to be honest especially on the staying power part. I had reviewed a Red lipstick before which was nice but I wish they improve the formula so that the staying power gets better. This lipstick is unavailable in their current month;s catalogue but however I would not recommend this to anyone unless you want to be experimental and try it.

I hope my review was helpful to all those reading.. Please leave a comment below with your blog links if you are coming here for the first time.

See you in my next review girls.. Byeee ♥









Comments

  1. Nice shade dear but too many cons :( Nicely reviewed xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like u love brown :)
    this is a nice shade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like brown.. i like n*de shades.. Thanks it is!

      Delete
  3. Really nice review. Being honest is really appreciable.
    www.mpsib.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh, I too need the staying power. Don't have so much of time to touch up esp at home. But......... the price seem ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on that too Navi.. they shud work on the formula

      Delete
  5. This does not sound so impressive right? BTW...you have such a flawless skin Nats...one post on skin care routine please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true Jhimil.. awww thanks,. i do not have any routine as such.. will try in future :)

      Delete
  6. I love the shade..hawt hawt swatches <3<3
    nice review sweethrt :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u my darling.. i am happy u liked my review.. Mmmuahh :* ♥♥

      Delete
  7. very nice this colour
    kiss
    http://mywonderrfulworld.blogspot.it/2014/04/gucci-tecno-colour.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really a pretty shade but too bad the staying power is not good.....nice review....xoxoxo....^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats really a very beautiful neautral shade but too bad the quality is not at all good :(
    Beautifully reviewed dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree the shade is good.. wish the staying power was too :( Thank u Richa :)

      Delete
  10. Wow it is steal for 99 bucks! Lovely lip swatches dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review nice shade.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. that really is a great neutral shade! looks beautiful on your lips.. but it definitely is not caramel!! too sheer! still beautiful on you none the less :)

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats true Lisa. it is not caramel but more on the n*de side.. Thank u so much.. xo

      Delete
  13. I liked the shade and your lip swatch always pretty :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. nicely reviewed ....


    http://www.crush-on-beauty.com/201404-dove-elixir/
    http://www.crush-on-beauty.com/nail-art-birthday/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not sure if I can get this brand in Ohio, but a 2 or a 5 is not such a high rating so probably I wouldn't even purchase it if it was available. I really enjoy your blog and all the useful info you give about this products. I'm following you on facebook and google+
    Come check out my blog whenever you have a chance, I hope you like it :)
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u for stopping by n commenting Milu.. U may not get this in Ohio ,, m nt sure though u can check online though.. I am glad u like my blog.. yes I shall check your blog too.. Thank u :))

      Delete
  16. I love oriflame!! I think they are a great company, which great morals :)
    Thanks for the review!
    xoxo
    Suzanne from written by suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Suzanne abt the company.. sadly this product did not work for me .. ur welcome :)

      Delete
  17. Awesome shade. Looks so pretty o you dear !! Check out the NYX haul at the blog http://divadiaries.in/nyx-haul-look-what-i-bought/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi dear Natasha! Interesting review, I've never tried an Oriflame product, the result on you is nice even if it is not not long lasting =)
    kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank U Marghe.. many Oriflame products are nice too.. sadly this did not work for me.. xoxo

      Delete
  19. Very cool products! I love them all!

    Hope you have some time to visit my new blog! :)
    Good luck!
    xx
    http://skylarksymphony.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing shade, so so pretty!!!
    Kisses Natasha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! It's looks really fantastic! I love this colour.

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great review. Sorry to hear this product disappointed. Soft Caramel at least sounds like a lovely shade and the samples look fab. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina.. Sadly it did.. the color is still pretty bt not long lasting sadly :)

      Delete
  23. Lovely shade.. looks so wearable.. <3
    Oriflam eliipies are nice n affordable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Poo.. it is.. yes they are affordable :)

      Delete
  24. nice shade.. but the cons.. i guess i'll pass this one..

    www.aucourantprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nce review.. the lipstick looks light and sheer.. pretty.... Check out OOTD - On my Birtday on my blog ....

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved such shades for daily wear. Seems good and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pretty shade dear :)
    http://www.indianfashionandlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. awesome daily wear shade!
    http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.in/2013/07/CetaphilCleansingLotionReview.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really liked the shade! Sad this does not work well :(

    www.IndianBeautyCenter.Blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  30. Subtle office wear type shade...awesome swatches <3 <3. I am yet to find an oriflame exec near me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Saniya.. it is good for office .,. there are beauty bloggers who sell Oriflame too :)

      Delete
  31. I love oriflame, this one seems to be a nice shade but full of cons :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I like Oriflame too.. this lipsticks formula disappointed me though

      Delete
  32. Thanks for the genuine review Natasha...

    ReplyDelete
  33. honest review....
    My international giveaway here
    & new post here

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sounds like a complete dud...thanks for your honest review sweetheart...;-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Too bad it didn't work out for you. Nice swatches dear.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this review-so honest! The color is beautiful-but I'm glad to know that it's not worth having!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin.. glad u found my review helpful xx

      Delete
  37. very nice color!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  38. I have lots of Oriflame products too even though i don't think their quality's the best but their budget friendly price and glossy catalogs are so hard to resist haha. I do love their perfumes though. I have a few of their lipsticks and they're okay (just so so though), but seems like they have different packaging for every country? I don't recall seeing any that looks like this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They would have different packaging Mindy.. Oriflame as a whole is a good brand they have nice stuff too.. some products may turn out a dud though,., Thanks fr reading xo

      Delete
  39. Great review! Lovely shade of color. Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  40. It's a beautiful color, I wish it had more staying power .. :(
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. oops this is definitely a skip.. lovely lip swatches though :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I am so sorry you did not like this one! I still think it looks lovely on you! Hugs, Sissi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know u wud like this shade.. Thank u so much Sissi.. Hugs

      Delete
  43. pretty shade...nice review dear....I will skip it....thanks for sharing :)
    http://www.indianfashionandlifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  44. great review!
    www.mrsnoone.it
    kiss

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love shade.. Nice review dear.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  46. Pretty color and so affordable too.Nice review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts